The Winston Churchill School
In the summer of 2012 The Winston Churchill school approached Omni Academy to see if we would be interested in running a bespoke course to help re-engage with students who had lost enthusiasm in the National Curriculum. They wanted to put a programme in place to help students remain focused at school and give them a reason to get excited about education again.
We transformed a classroom into a Beauty Training Room and sent a lecturer over to the school to run the fortnightly course.
The programme proved to be a huge success with teachers and parents alike noticing a marked improvement in concentration levels and behaviour not just in school but at home too.
We now successfully run a weekly course for the VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Beauty Services qualification. This programme is open to all Year 9 and Year 10 pupils and includes the following:
- All teaching and assessing
- Taster sessions along with student interviews to see if they are suitable for the course and that they have real expectations of what the course requires.
- Open evening support
- Career events
- Parent information evenings
- External visits and enrichment activities
- Reports on Student progress
- Membership/Insurance to leading beauty organizations such BABTAC (British Association of Beauty Therapists and Cosmetologists)
Could your school benefit from a similar programme?
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us to discuss.