Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (QCF)
Dates available upon request
- Level 4 Award in Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment process and Practice (QCF)
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment process and Practice (QCF)
- Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment processes and Practice (QCF)
- Internal Verifier
Level 3 Assessors Award (A1)
This course is a theory based qualification intended for those who wish to assess in the vocational sector such as Beauty Therapy, Complimentary Therapies, Hairdressing. This qualification is made up of three units; understanding the principles and practices of assessment; assess occupational competence in the work environment; assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding. The course has been designed as a home study programme. An initial three hour introduction will take place on site. Theory work is part of the home study and there will be two on site assessment sessions in which two students will be observed at a time. If you wish observation assessments to take place at your current work environment then this can be arranged. There is no online theory exam for this qualification.
Option A: 1 Day course (10am – 2pm) + assessment days
Principles and practice of assessment
* Assessing occupational competence in the workplace
* Assessing vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
* Portfolio development and evidence requirements
* Practical assessments
* Tutorial support as required
- £545.00 exc vat (inc vat £654.00)
- Course Cost Includes: Tuition, work packs, assessments, all resources.
- Additional fee for external assessments. Details upon request.
- VTCT Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement Qualification Fee: £49.50
What is an assessors award?
This is a generic qualification required for those planning to assess vocational skills within their sector. Commonly achieved in addition to a Teaching qualification, it enables you to assess students’ practical and theory assessments and assignments. Upon successful completion, you will of course only be able to assess skills in your own field of expertise and it will need to be used in conjunction with your existing industry qualifications.
This qualification is often required for those carrying out the assessor role as well as the teaching role, but also for those responsible for assessing only.
If you have questions about this course or if you would like advice on which course is right for you, please don't hesitate to contact us.