VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
- Swedish Body massage
- Indian Head massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Level 5 Sports Massage Therapy
You will be able to progress on to the VTCT Level 5 Certificate in Sports Massage (QCF) which will build upon the skills, knowledge and understanding gained at Level 4, introducing more advanced massage techniques (myofascial, PNF and active isolated stretching), assessment techniques for ligamentous and neural conditions.
- Sports Massage Therapist
- Health Spas, Health Clubs
- Sports Clubs
- Beauty Salons
- Mobile Therapist
- Treatment Room
- Treatment Room working from home
Graduates of this qualification will be able to gain employment as a Level 4 Sports Massage Practitioner, providing a range of advanced Sports Massage Techniques for recent non-acute injuries and for pre-existing conditions. This may include working in clinics, for sporting teams or as mobile therapists. This may be in an employed or self-employed context.
Sports Massage Association (SMA): successful learners achieving this qualification will be eligible for membership with the SMA and REPs at the appropriate level.
Level 4 Sports Massage
This advanced Sports Massage course will develop your skills, knowledge and understanding needed to perform Sports Massage therapy competently to recent, non-acute injury and pre-existing conditions. This will include a range of massage techniques as well as special and functional massage tests, additional to those acquired at Level 3. You will also develop your advanced knowledge of functional anatomy and physiology related to Sports Massage, to be able to assess and advise on the type of treatment to support soft tissue repair at each stage of injury and recovery and how Sports Massage can help.
Level 3 Sports Massage or equivalent Sports Massage qualification.
Option A: Weekday – 7 weeks (1 day per week) 9.30am – 4.30pm + assessments
* Hygiene, Health and Safety
* Anatomy & Physiology for Level 4 Sports Massage
* Consultation and Assessment Techniques
* Conducting Subjective and Objective Assessment
* Professional Practices in Sports Massage
* Provide Sports Massage Techniques to Prevent and Manage Injury
* Treatment Modalities to Support Soft Tissue Repair
* Effects: Physical and Psychological of Sports Massage
* Specific Sports Massage Techniques to include: Connective Tissue, Soft Tissue Release, Corrective Frictions, Trigger Point and Muscle Energy Techniques
* Contra-indication / Contra-actions / After Care Case Studies
Please note: This course will only run with a minimum of 4 students.
- £850.00 exc vat (inc vat: £1020.00)
- Course cost includes: Tuition, work packs, assessments and all resources.
- VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy exam fee £95.50
At Omni we like to give you as many options as possible to help you achieve your qualification. Please see below a selection of what we offer. If you would like to discuss an alternative plan, please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 01932 23 23 22. See our funding page for more information.
Secure your place with a deposit, pay your balance 1 month before your course begins.
Instalment Plan. Secure your place with a deposit, pay your balance via monthly instalments spread across the course length. Please be aware there is a 10% instalment fee applicable to this option. Please call us on 01932 23 23 22 for more information.
0% Finance through Duologi. Omni have teamed up with Duologi to offer you the option to spread your course fees across 3 months up to 1 year with 0% interest.