VTCT Advanced and Creative Hair Professional (L3 Hairdressing)
Start dates available throughout the year
Call for more information on 01932 23 23 22
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy Apprenticeship
- VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Beauty Specialist Techniques (Private Route)
- Men’s Hair/Barbering
- VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Cosmetic Make-up
- Theatrical Make-up
- Mobile Hairdresser
- Home Salon
- Renting a Chair in a Salon
- Cruise Ships
- Film & TV
Level 3 Hairdressing Apprenticeship
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is a work based learning programme. You will be required to work in a salon whilst you complete your training. It gives you the opportunity to learn, develop and demonstrate the skills of your trade in a real working environment.
Employers embrace apprentices in their salons and benefit from a more productive workplace as a result.
With the support of your employer, tutors, colleagues and peers you will flourish on the Omni Academy Apprenticeship programme.
Our Apprenticeship courses have been designed to be completed within 12 months. If you are not already in employment within a salon we will support you to find a placement. With excellent relationships with top local salons & spas we will make sure you have everything you need to complete your training successfully and achieve that all important qualification.
Earn While You Learn and Gain Hands on Salon Experience
As part of your apprenticeship you will be required to work a minimum of 30 hours per week in your salon. You will be paid for these hours. The Apprentice minimum wage is £4.30 per hour, however your employer may pay you more.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience within a salon environment whilst maintaining the nurturing and supportive care from your training provider.
Students will need to have achieved the Level 2 Certificate in Women’s Hairdressing or equivalent.
Maths & English GCSE’s at Grade 4 and above are also required.
Didn’t get these results? Don’t panic! We can enroll you for Maths & English Functional Skills qualifications which will bring your existing grades up to the Level required.
1 day per week for 1 year, Tuesdays (The rest of your week will be spent at your salon placement)
* Hygiene, Health and Safety
* Hair Science
* Self Management
* Team Work
* Cross Promotion Techniques
Style & Finish Hair
* Curly Blow Dry
* Hair up Rolls
* Creative Sets
* Tong / Wand set non-conventional techniques
* Adding hair
* Straightening & smoothing
* Waves / Beach
* Creative Styling
* Forward Graduation (A-Line cut)
* Natural inversion & reversion cut
* One length precision cutting
* Long box layers
* Square layered cut
* Graduated bob – various styles
* Graduated short style
* Clipper work / razors
* Over direction / travel for disconnection cut
Colour & Lightening Hair
* Highlights – herringbone weave & slices
* Foil highlights
* Ombre / balayage / root smug
* Pre-pigmentation and restoring depth & tone
* Neutralising unwanted tones
* Recolouring hair which has artificial colour removed
* Correcting Highlights & Removing Bands
Good news! Apprentices do not have to pay for any training as this course is fully funded.
The only cost is your Hairdressing kit, which will have all the tools and products needed for the duration of your training and beyond, uniform and textbooks!
Details supplied upon request.
To register your interest for the apprenticeship course, please call us on 01932 23 23 22, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get in touch to arrange an apprenticeship interview.